9 Wedding Planning Books to Add to Your Reading List ASAP
Getting hitched? While we’re all for planning your wedding digitally (hello Loverly, Pinterest, and Instagram!), having an arsenal of books to reference can be oh-so-helpful when making plans.
From choosing the dress and the flowers to dealing with etiquette and last-minute details, here are nine of our favorite reads to take a look at before your big day.
1. The Wedding Dress: 300 Years of Bridal Fashions by Edwina Ehrman. Before you go dress shopping, take a look at this fashion-focused book! Seeing how bridal style has changed over the past 300 years will help you make the right decision when it comes to your own gown.
2. Fortune Telling Book For Brides. Superstitious? This book will help fill your big day with good fortune by telling you the true meaning behind flowers, dates, and traditions. You’ll be hooked.
3. The Loverly Wedding Planner: The Modern Couple’s Guide to Simplified Wedding Planning. Yup, we wrote it! And it’s the ultimate go-to guide for modern couples planning their big day. Get updated advice for fast-evolving wedding customs, wedding worksheets and timelines, and insider tips from Kellee and real couples.
4. The Flower Recipe Book by Alethea Harampolis & Jill Rizzo. Looking for some major bloom inspiration? These florists have put together a book filled with the most gorgeous floral combinations, and they conveniently break down the names of flowers for your reference.
5. Emily Post’s Wedding Etiquette by Lizzie Post and Anna Post. Not sure how to handle a sticky wedding situation? Wondering how to address your envelopes? You can trust the Posts will all of your tough etiquette questions. They’re the pros…
6. Handmade Weddings: More Than 50 Crafts to Personalize Your Big Day by Eunice Moyle, Sabrina Moyle & Shana Faust. DIYers rejoice! This book has a huge selection of craft projects that are perfect for each and every style.
7. The Southern Weddings Planner. This classic wedding binder takes you through various parts of the planning process, and includes a special “marriage planning” section to help couples start their happily ever after. Did we mention how gorgeous the gold foil cover is?
8. Vogue Weddings: Brides, Dresses, Designers by Hamish Bowles and Vera Wang.Get ready for some seriously over-the-top wedding inspiration! This book will give you lots of ideas for the big day and will look great on your coffee table.
9. Dinner Diaries: Reviving the Art of the Hostess Book by Daniel Cappello. Every bride must also be a hostess on the big day. This book will help prep you for your duties and will give you some ideas for entertaining as a newlywed couple.
Want more helpful wedding advice?
Our New Book Is About to Be Your New Wedding Planning BFF
How to Create a Wedding Wardrobe That’s Perfectly You