As couples get more and more creative with their weddings (hello, crazy cakes), we’re seeing a shift away from the traditional guest book. Want to give your guests a unique way to leave their mark at your wedding? Well, here are five awesome alternatives to the classic big day book.
1. Paint a picture. Set up a blank canvas, paint, and brushes, and let guests help paint a piece of artwork you can hang in your house after the big day. We recommend providing instructions for your guests so they know what to paint…the more abstract the better as most of your guests probably aren’t artists by trade.
2. Mark up a map or globe. For the couple who loves to travel, set out a map or globe for guests to sign. If you want to make it even more personalized, ask guests to sign the globe on their hometown, or just their favorite place on earth.
3. Leave a note in your favorite book. Let guests add notes in the margins of your most treasured book or Bible. You’ll cherish it both as a literary masterpiece and a place where all of your friends and family shared their wishes for you as a couple.
4. Well wishes throughout the years. Set a jar or container on each table, label it with the table number, and invite guests to leave you words of wisdom or well wishes. Each year on your anniversary, you can open the corresponding container and read your guests’ notes.
5. Plant a little love. Set up a small potted tree at your reception with hanging tags where guests can write notes. During the party, the tree will be filled with kind words, and after the event you can plant it in the backyard so you can fondly remember your big day.
Get more alternative ideas on Loverly:
Got a tough wedding question? Download the Loverly app to chat FREE with one of our virtual wedding planners and choose from affordable planning packages.