8 Relationship Resolutions to Make in the New Year
New year, new resolutions, right? While you’re writing out your list for the new year, don’t forget to consider how you can strengthen your relationship!
From spending more time together to being more open and honest, here are eight relationship resolutions you and your partner should definitely make on January 1st.
8 Relationship Resolutions To Make In the New Year
1. Spend more time together. Set a goal to do more things as a couple. Whether it’s completing day-to-day tasks or celebrating special occasions, you can always find more ways to enjoy each other’s company.
2. Go on dates. Resolve to go on more dates in the new year. Remember, a date night doesn’t have to be expensive or fancy – just make sure you’re making plans together as a couple.
3. Be more honest with each other. Have less secrets and communicate more. Make a pact to tell each other everything and your relationship will most definitely improve.
4. Try new experiences. Feel like you’re stuck in a rut? Make a vow to your partner to mix it up. From trying different foods and experimenting with exciting activities to traveling to exotic locations, it’s important to be open to what life may bring you.
5. Focus on more intimacy. Hold hands and kiss in public. Cuddle frequently. Write a love letter to your S.O. Add more spontaneous romantic gestures to your life. Make 2017 a year of passion for you and your partner.
6. Spend more time with friends and family as a couple. Bring your relationship to great heights by spending time with family and friends together. As a couple, you’ll both grow stronger by being with loved ones, and your inner circle will get to know your partner even better, it’s a win-win situation.
7. Say “I Love You” at least once a day. If you don’t already do so, say “I love you” each and every day. In the next twelve months, show your dearest just how much you care.
8. Do nice things for each other. Take the time to be sweet to your significant other. From cooking dinner to surprising him or her with oh-so-affectionate texts and unexpected gifts, it’s the little actions that can make a huge impact.
Want more relationship advice?