There’s often more to wedding invitations than a single card that tells people to where to show up and when. Most invitation suites contain several pieces and multiple envelopes that are meant to be assembled in a very specific way. To make this confusing process a bit easier for you, we’ve created a series of GIFs that will show you each step of the process!
1. Start with the invitation, face-up. If you are using tissue paper with your invitations, place it on top of the invite.
2. Add the reception card, also face-up.
3. Add any other enclosure cards (like maps or accommodation cards) face-up.
4. Tuck the response card into a pre-addressed, stamped envelope and place that on top of the other pieces.
Note: if you’re using a folded card, all the enclosures should be tucked inside it in the above order.
1. Write the names of everyone from the household who is invited to the wedding on the outside of the inner envelope. Include formal titles (like Ms. or Dr.) and be sure to include the names of all the guests and/or children who are invited.
2. Turn the envelope over so the flap is facing you. Slide the stack of stationery you’ve assembled into the envelope face-up, with the left edge of the stationery going in first.
3. Close the inner envelope but do not tuck it or seal it.
(Note: if you are not using an inner envelope, put the stationery as described into the outer envelope and then follow the instructions in the next step.)
1. Write the guests’ names, titles, and address on the outer envelope. Turn it over so the flap is facing you.
2. Slide the inner envelope into the outer envelope.
3. Close and seal the outer envelope. (We recommend sealing it with a glue stick to ensure it stays closed and looks nice!)
WATCH THE ENTIRE PROCESS IN ACTION…
(Stationery in GIFs courtesy of Basic Invite)
-By Rachel W. Miller
Get more planning advice on Loverly!