Engaged? Get All of Your Questions Answered Right Now!
Your S.O. just got down on one knee and popped the big question and you said, “yes!” (of course). Getting engaged is one of the most exciting moments or your life, but we know that planning the big day can get a little overwhelming and that you probably have a ton of questions.
Here are five questions brides always ask us:
- 1. Where do I start? The venue is going to set the tone of your entire wedding. The food, drink, vibe, reception, and decor is all determined by your venue. So we always suggest starting with the big day location. In this process you, your significant other, and your family will also be able to discuss the basics like budget, location, and size.
2. I’m already feeling really stressed and overwhelmed, is that normal? It’s totally okay. Weddings are stressful, but they’re also a lot of fun. Spend some time researching wedding websites and apps. This will help you plan and breathe easy. Wedding Budget Calculator helps you stay on top of your finances, The brand new Loverly Weddings: The Perfect Planner app will help you find and book your big day vendors (we promise, it’ll be here soon!), and iWedding Deluxe helps you manage your guests and activities. Or, you might also like to consider hiring a wedding planner and a day-of coordinator to reduce stress.
3. How much time do I need to plan the wedding? Nine months to a year is standard, but every couple is unique. So, do what works best for you and your partner. We have guidelines for 12, 6, or 3 months, but we also met a couple who planned their “I dos” in 12 days! Couples contemplating a destination wedding should consider giving themselves a longer timeline.
4. I’m stressed about how much everything is going to cost, what can I do? It’s easy to get overwhelmed and emotional when talking about money, especially if it seems to be costing more than you and your S.O. originally budgeted. Take a deep breath, money isn’t going to determine how meaningful or memorable your celebration will be and this day is about you and your sweetie, after all. Sit down and talk about your budget based on what is most important to you both, but be flexible and ready to compromise if need be.
5. Do I need to take engagement photos? The wedding industry is changing and gone are the days of cookie-cutter traditions. Depending on your personality, you and your bae may think this trend is a must or not worth the cost and effort. These photos can be as casual or as orchestrated as you like, just do what feels best for you. Taking these professional snaps is also great practice for the big day.
Have more questions, Loverlies? Our Loverly big day experts will be on call at the seriously on-point wedding showcase, Wedding Crashers, on Sunday March 13th, from 11:30 AM to 3 PM. We’re spilling the deetz on our latest product—you’re going to love it!—and dishing out planning advice from our wedding advice booth. What could be sweeter? RSVP and get tickets here.
Can’t make the event? Tweet us your questions with the hashtag #weddingcrashersbk instead. The Loverly team will be live tweeting wedding planning advice during the entire event.
Need more wedding planning help while you wait?