5 Things Your Wedding Totally Needs
On your wedding day, you have to consider the most important elements. Wedding day necessities are way more than just a pretty white dress, a gorgeous ceremony backdrop, and the extravagant three-tiered cake. We don’t want you to miss a thing, so no matter which traditions you choose to include in your big day or which ones you decide to toss aside, here are the five must-haves you totally need to include in your big day.
Wedding Day Necessities – 5 Things You Need to Have
1. The people you love. Sure, your family and friends may make you roll your eyes sometimes. We’ve all been there. But at the end of the day, they’re YOUR people, and they just want to help you celebrate the next chapter of your life with you. So when it comes time to put together your guest list, really think things through before you make any cuts or send out your invites. You don’t want to look back and have any regrets!
2. An officiant who really gets you. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to be married by a rabbi who’s known you since childhood or a judge you’ve known for five minutes, having someone who loves their job and is excited to be a part of your big day is major. Sit down with your partner and both sets of parents to discuss who might be best suited to help you tie the knot; there may be someone on either side that’s perfect for the job but didn’t come to mind immediately. Give this decision some serious thought…picking out who will make your marriage official isn’t something that should be taken lightly.
3. One special detail you’re super excited about. Even if you’re not that into the planning portion of your big day (we’re not judging), you should try to include ONE detail that you’re absolutely over-the-moon excited about. Whether it’s a big detail (your dress) or something small (your lipstick shade), make sure you have a few things you’re looking forward to on your wedding day. Plus, it will make looking through those wedding photos even more enjoyable for years to come.
4. Heartfelt vows. Whether you say the traditional “till death do us part” vows or you and your beau write your own, they should mean something to you. Think about what made you fall in love with your partner, the little things he/she does for you every day, and what you want for your future. This is your moment to tell your significant other how you really feel, so make it count!
5. Something downright delicious. Cut the cake, sip some champagne or share a family-style meal. However you choose to do it, breaking bread with your beloved after you make things official is the best. While you’re choosing your menu and attending any tastings, consider the flavors and foods you really love. Did you go for ice cream on your first date? Is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich your partner’s favorite thing in the whole world to eat? Include those special food memories in your big day somehow for an extra special and delicious touch.