7 of the Coolest Stateside Honeymoon Destinations to Consider
Who says you have to head overseas to have a blast on your honeymoon? From the East Coast to the West (and plenty of places in between), there are so many cool stateside destinations for couples to consider!
Not only do these closer-to-home honeymoons typically cost less than international trips, but they tend to require less travel time and help to support local businesses across the U.S.
Are you sold yet? Check out these seven stellar stateside honeymoon destinations we’re totally wanderlusting over.
1. Portland, Oregon. For couples who love simple pleasures, good coffee and moderate weather, Portland is the perfect honeymoon spot. With attractions to satisfy your inner foodie and your nature-loving self, Portland has an ideal mix of activities. Check out this awesome city guide from Kinfolk Magazine for more travel-inspiration.
2. Palm Springs, California. Where laid-back beach meets totally colorful architecture and design. Known for it’s gorgeous views, vintage shopping and trendy restaurants, Palm Springs’ attractions will fill your daily itinerary. Plus, it’s only a two-hour drive from San Diego and Los Angeles – great for a day trip! Check out this Palm Springs city guide courtesy of Design Sponge.
3. New York City, New York. If you want adventure, inspiration and non-stop activity, head to New York City on your honeymoon. When in New York, it’s all about the food, so try something totally new! For a break from all that sightseeing, take a romantic stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge and explore the slower-paced borough. Another must do? Grabbing cocktails at a rooftop bar and taking in the sights. We love this New York City guide from Vogue.
4. Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston is the perfect honeymoon destination for couples who want to experience some of that southern hospitality. Charleston’s got tons of historic homes and sites to see. We suggest taking a historic carriage tour of Charleston then ending the night with some shrimp and grits by the river! For a great beach day trip, venture on over to Sullivan’s Island or Kiawah Island. Here’s a Charleston city guide from A Beautiful Mess.
5. Austin, Texas. From killer music festivals to a trendy restaurant scene, Austin is the ideal spot for a couple who loves to jam. To escape the city limits (or the heat!), head to one of Austin’s many lakes or rivers. Here’s a cool Austin restaurant guide from Camille Styles.
6. Bald Head Island, North Carolina. If you want a honeymoon spot that is a total escape from it all, then Bald Head is for you. Accessible only by ferry, you’ll get secluded beach charm in BHI. Check out this Bald Head Island guide from the Island’s official page.
7. New Orleans, Louisiana. Lots of history and nightlife in this trendy southern spot! If you’re planning a honeymoon to New Orleans get ready to eat and drink well. Here’s a city guide from Southern Living that details both the historical and social things to do in the city.
8. San Francisco, California. If you love taking in the sights, San Francisco is the place for you. Although it’s a lot of walking (and uphill!) San Fran has great neighborhoods to explore and amazing views to experience. With a bustling restaurant scene, you’re also sure to enjoy every one of your meals. For an awesome San Francisco city guide, check this one out from GOOP.
Want more honeymoon inspiration?