As a nearlywed, you pay close attention to what you put in your body, choosing healthy meals, small treats and lots of water whenever possible. But, have you considered what you’re putting on it?
Many body products and cosmetics contain synthetic estrogens, which are readily absorbed into your blood stream where they disrupt your hormones, cause digestive issues and make you more irritable. Plus, this toxic build-up leads to a break down of your body’s endocrine system, which accelerates the aging process, causes weight gain and impairs your immune system. Talk about bad news!
Try these six easy tips to spring clean your bathroom routine, so that you feel as healthy on the inside as you look on the outside.
1. Take toxicity test. Visit ewg.org/skindeep to discover the toxicity levels of your favorite body products, and then find a better alternative.
2. Follow the two R’s: reduce and reuse. Limit the variety of products that you use each day by calling double-duty on a few key products. Jojoba oil can be used as a make-up remover, cuticle oil and hair oil, while conditioner doubles as a shaving cream. Not only does this lower your exposure to toxic ingredients, it saves you money, time, and storage space!
3. Be a DIY bride or groom. Save money for the honeymoon by making your own face mask. Simply combine 1/2 a very ripe avocado (mashed), 2 tablespoons honey, and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil. Apply to your face, avoiding the eye area, and then chill out for 10-15 minutes. Wipe your skin clean with a damp, warm cloth.
4. Try out a natural teeth whitening formula. A bright smile in your wedding photos can easily be achieved by using a natural toothpaste such as Toms or The Honest Company. For added sparkle, try brushing with baking soda once or twice a week.
5. Install a filtered shower head. I recently purchased a filtered shower head to protect against Los Angeles’s hard water and it has changed my life! This one by Culligan is inexpensive, easy-to-install and leaves your skin silky, smooth, and chemical free.
6. Bathe in salts. Bubble baths and bath bombs are often heavily laced with synthetic perfumes and colorings. Buy a bag of mineral-rich Pink Himalayan Salt Crystals or Epsom Salts and use a couple of handfuls in a warm bath, with one or two drops of your favorite essential oil. Your body will love you for it.
Want a chance to be featured on Loverly? Join our premier vendor network.
Get more tips now: