8 Instagram-Inspired Wedding Makeup Ideas
Are you craving some major beauty inspiration for your big day? We’ve rounded up some of our favorite trendy makeup looks from the top artists and bloggers on Instagram.
Here are eight of-the-moment makeup ideas you should consider for your “I dos.”
1. Add style with a cat-eye. This vintage style has been making a comeback in recent years (thanks, T. Swift!) and is ideal for brides looking to make a statement on their big day. We love how this beauty blogger complemented her cat-eye with a muted gold shadow and totally steal-worthy for your wedding.
2. Rock a dark lip. This bold trend isn’t for the faint-of-heart. We think that a dark lip would be great for a winter bride going for a dramatic look.
If you are considering a dark shade, think about wearing a different color for the ceremony then transitioning to this shade for the reception. That way if you aren’t into this trend down the road, you’ll have some photos without it.
3. Shine in gold tones. We think gold eyeshadow is perfect for people with both light and dark complexions. If you do opt for this color for your wedding, take cues from this Insta and keep your other makeup simple.
4. Go retro with Hollywood glam. This one of the most classic styles for big day beauty. To copy this makeup inspiration, add a bright red lip, long and full lashes, a touch of eyeliner, and a smokey eyeshadow on the lids.
5. Sport a beachy, sun-kissed look. For couples getting married this summer, we love the idea of a warm glow with some shimmer. A touch of bronzer, a little mascara, and a simple gloss are all you need.
6. Stay on-point with filled-in and full brows. Recently, we’ve seen a resurgence in full eyebrows. To achieve this look on for the “I dos,” carefully pluck out stray hairs but keep your brows as natural as possible. Fill-in with an eyebrow pencil for a more dramatic touch.
7. Stick with barely there makeup. Go basic at your wedding with foundation, a faint blush, and a nude lip by taking a cue from this artist. Imagine how pretty this would be with an ethereal tulle gown?
8. Say yes to a bright lip. If you’re a bold bride who wants to make a statement on the big day, consider a vivid pink or coral lip. We especially love this trend for destination weddings or playful summer soriées. Remember to keep your other makeup to a minimum if you’re planning to include a pop of color.
Want more beauty advice?