What Makes a Wedding “So Loverly”
If you’ve read the premiere issue of Tulle this month, you may have seen a familiar face! During our interview, which appears in this issue, Tulle asked me to describe what it takes to craft a Lover.ly wedding; here’s what I told them!
A Lover.ly wedding has the following characteristics:
1. Celebratory. Fun, festive touches are what separates a wedding from a regular party! Small touches like glitter, sequins, feathers, lush white flowers, sparklers, smart color combinations, honeycomb decor, and paper lanterns say “wedding” in a way that can be glam, fun, whimsical, modern, or traditional, depending on the couple.
2. Personalized. We’re all about weddings that feel unique to the couple and incorporate the things they love most…whether that’s traveling, their dog, or the way they met. Whether you incorporate this into your engagement photos, ceremony, or table decor, there are endless options for personalization.
3. Delicious. The food and drink has a big effect on whether or not a party is successful, and couples and guests alike love creative menus! So whether you love comfort food, great cocktails, mini foods, or pie, find a way to add lots of tasty touches to your big day.
4. On-trend. Some couples get so caught up in wanting to have a day that feels unique that they stress themselves out or skip things they really love. But some things (hello, photo booths!) are popular for a reason. We love weddings that feature fun trendy elements that fit the couple’s tastes.
5. On-budget. We’re pretty big believers in creating a wedding that fits your budget, whether it’s $1,000 or $100,000. Thanks to the web, there is so much incredible inspiration and advice available for planning a wedding that feels celebratory and personalized without breaking the bank.
Lots of pink is, of course, always good too.
Thanks again to Tulle for featuring Lover.ly, and be sure to check out the full premiere issue!