8 Ways You and Your Partner Can Get Healthy Together
Ok, so New Year’s Day has come and gone, but it’s never too late to pick up a healthy habit! If you’re looking to get into gear (or maybe you’re having trouble sticking to your resolution…), take a look at these eight ways you and your partner can get healthy together.
1. Plan meals together. It’s easier to make healthy food choices when you and your partner are on the same dietary plan. Spend time choosing recipes then make it a date by grocery shopping and cooking together.
2. Vow to take a nightly stroll. After dinner, get outdoors and take a nice long walk. Use this time to hear more about your partner’s day and to catch up on life. Hand holding encouraged.
3. Sign up for a 5K and train together. Having something to work towards will be great motivation. And, if you and your partner participate in a race, it will give you an excuse to do a little running on the daily.
4. Decrease your alcohol consumption. During the week, vow to not consume any alcohol with your partner. You can splurge on the weekends, but cutting alcohol Monday through Friday will help you feel way better.
5. Try the Whole30. Ready to really step up your health game? Complete a monthly eating challenge with your partner and don’t let the other cheat!
6. Have more sex. Yes, you read that right. Sex burns a ton of calories, plus it’s an excuse to get intimate with your partner. Win-win.
7. Make it a challenge. Set specific goals and challenge yourselves to eat healthier and workout, weather it’s going to the gym three times a week or only ordering takeout twice a month. Sweeten the deal with a (healthy) reward.
8. Support each other. When all else fails, make sure to show your partner tons of support. Send encouraging thoughts to him/her and remember that you’re in this together!
Get more fitness tips now.