The Best Bridal Bootcamps You Can Do at Home (for Free!)
We get it; you want to look and feel your best as you walk down the aisle. But between work commitments, family time, your social calendar, and planning your wedding, getting to the gym isn’t always possible. And while you may not be able to make it to that spin class or squeeze in a kickboxing sesh, you can definitely find a little time to workout in the comfort of your own living room in between those thank you note writing marathons. So here are a few awesome and totally FREE videos to help you get your sweat on. All you need is a computer, an Internet connection, and a little space…
Photo by mr lee
1. Minimal Equipment Apartment-Friendly HIIT Workout: Krista Stryker’s motto is “No Excuses,” so you know she’ll do what it takes to help you look and feel your best for your walk down the aisle. We love how her high-intensity interval training workouts offer a SERIOUS burn in a short amount of time. But the best part? She’s tailored them to be apartment-friendly so you can sweat at home without upsetting the neighbors. It’s really a win-win.
2. 30-Minute Bodyweight Bootcamp Workout You Can Do Anywhere: Adam Rosante knows how to make your workout count. This 30-minute video features a full-body exercise you can ACTUALLY do anywhere…which will come in handy if you’re planning an out-of-town wedding that requires a lot of travel back and forth. Plus, check out his other videos, like this “I’m Late for Work” workout, for more ways to fit fitness into your busy life.
3. Lift & Tone Booty Routine With Katrina: Whether you’re planning to wear a Mermaid gown or a fitted sheath dress on your big day, we know you want to look your best from ALL angles. You never know where the photographer will be standing, after all. This video will introduce you to the wonders of what kickbacks and reverse lunges can do.
4. Twist and Detox: Yoga Journal to Go: Wedding planning can be pretty stressful at times. Let go of all the tension you’ve been building up as you finalize all those big day details with this 20-minute video from Kathryn Budig, author of “The Women’s Health Big Book of Yoga.” She guides you through each pose, giving tips and encouragement along the way.
5. Jillian Michaels: BeFit Complete Workout: If you know anything about Jillian Michaels, you probably know about her no-nonsense attitude. You’re going to need to set aside some time for this total-body workout (it’s 45 minutes long), but it’s definitely worth it. You’ll thank us when you can rock those heels all night long without feeling those leg muscles fatigue.
6. “Who Run the World” Beyoncé Dance Workout With Benjamin Allen: Never forget that you have as many hours a day as Beyoncé. So press play on this video inspired by Queen Bey’s enviable moves, unleash your inner Sasha Fierce, and remember that YOU run the world. Bonus: you’ll have awesome moves to show off on the dance floor!
7. 40-Minute Barre Workout with Shauna Kathleen: Many barre studios charge $20-$30 per class, but if you know what you’re doing, trainer Shauna Kathleen’s at home tutorials are a great way to bring the class to you. All you’ need is a light set of hand weights and something (like a chair) to serve as your barre. This workout will help do good things for your posture…which will ensure you not only look great in photos but also feel more open and aligned.
8. 10-Minute Arm Workout with Sarah Fit: Sarah is a trainer at the famous Barry’s Bootcamp, so you know she’s serious about fitness. She posts daily workouts that focus on different areas of the body, and she demonstrates how to do each of the movements safely and effectively. Like this arm workout inspired by Jessica Simpson’s very own wedding workout routine. Can you say #bridearms?
9. 25-Minute Kickboxing Cardio Interval Workout: Love cardio kickboxing but don’t want to head to the gym to get your punch on? Try this heart rate-boosting video on for size. In just 25 minutes, you’ll punch and kick your way to bridal beauty. But be warned, there are no musical backings provided, so supply your own soundtrack with these wedding-worthy tunes.
Have you tried any fun at-home workouts, Loverlies? Share your favorites with us in the comments!
Disclaimer: Loverlies, remember that not all exercises are suitable for everyone. We recommend that you consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program, and if you ever feel dizzy or uncomfortable, stop immediately!
Find some fitness inspiration on Lover.ly!