5 Fresh Ideas for a Stunning Spring Wedding
Respected around the world as an arbiter of style, Colin Cowie has been at the forefront of the event and wedding planning industry for more than 25 years. He and his world-class team have earned a global reputation for setting trends and raising the bar when it comes to providing the ultimate wedding experience.
A new season brings new beginnings and fresh ideas, and we’re certainly feeling like spring here at Colin Cowie Weddings. Read on for my top five tips for hosting a stunning spring wedding!
1. Go gorgeous with garlands. To transform your spring garden wedding from drab to fab, you’ll need a few strands of monofilament, glass bubbles, and battery-operated votives that will last throughout the night outdoors. String fresh stephanotis blooms on the monofilament and hang throughout the reception area for big doses of glamour!
2. Pair up tiny treats. The hottest trend in wedding food right now is the miniature passed appetizer. These small indulgences offer guests a taste without spoiling their appetites. Consider pairing home-cooked confections like tacos, grilled cheese, French fries, and hamburgers with a cold beer or tequila. Trust me, comfort food has never looked so chic!
3. Be aware of your environment. Make use of the natural surroundings for your outdoor spring wedding. Rather than placing escort cards on a table, hang ribbons from a nearby willow tree so guests mingle as they pick up their cards. (Just be sure to remove the ribbons post-celebration!)
4. Set the table for style. Lavender and green is one of my favorite color combinations for spring. To compliment the fresh feel of the season, place various fragrant herbs such as rosemary and lavender at guests’ place settings, designating one type for women and the other for men.
5. Refresh your guests. With warm weather on the way, remember to set up a refreshment table with fresh flowers and glassware so guests can serve themselves throughout the event. Glass dispensers look so chic and allow guests to see the colorful contents within. Consider fresh lemonade, orange juice, coconut water, and mango juice for starters!
Visit Colin’s fabulous website for more wedding planning inspiration!
Want a chance to be featured on Loverly? Join our premier vendor network.
Get more springspiration on Loverly: