Are you spending more time planning the wedding than enjoying your engagement? Rather than having another Friday night eating takeout and updating the seating chart, try one of these six healthy date ideas that will bring you even closer together as a couple.
1. Pack a picnic. Eating outside is not only romantic and relaxing, it also helps you practice mindful eating. Mindful eating is the best way to discover your ideal weight without diets and calorie counting. With awareness, your body will tell you exactly what to eat, how much, and when to stop. Many of us struggle with mindful eating on a day-to-day basis, thanks in large part to technological distractions, so getting out of the house and enjoying a romantic picnic with your partner could be just what you need.
For bonus points, bike ride to your picnic destination!
2. Try out indoor rock climbing. Use the weekend to step out of the gym, and enjoy a fun fitness activity that makes you forget about working out!
Indoor rock climbing is terrific exercise that provides an exhilarating shot of adrenaline — just what you need to spice up the relationship mid-engagement. And while those harness belts aren’t the sexiest attire in the world, the smile on your face when you reach the top is a total “aww” moment.
3. Visit an art museum. Fun cultural experiences, like visiting an art museum, allow you to enjoy new and different conversations with your partner, whilst broadening your own horizons. Make a list of 10 events or exhibitions that you would like to see before you tie the knot and start checking them all off next weekend.
4. Volunteer for a charity or shelter. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, try volunteering together in your local community. Giving back shifts the spotlight away from the two of you, and is a great way to stay grounded when pre-wedding life starts to feel a little surreal.
5. Take a meditation class. Practicing the art of meditation is one of the greatest wedding gifts you could give to yourself. Not only will it help you both manage the pressures of planning, it will also set you up with terrific strategies for handling stress during your marriage. You may notice that after 20-30 minutes in a guided meditation class that you are able to think and speak more clearly, which could resolve some of those last minute decisions that you just can’t seem to agree upon.
6. Take a cooking class. Learning how to cook a new dish is a fun and tasty way to spend a weekend evening together. Choose a dish that you don’t often cook at home, but you could imagine becoming an anniversary tradition — homemade pasta, anyone? Remember to take lots of photos throughout the class and toast your success at the end. Cute aprons are optional but recommended!
Get more date ideas:
Got a tough wedding question? Download the Loverly app to chat FREE with one of our virtual wedding planners and choose from affordable planning packages.