Everything You Need to Know About the Iconic Maggie Sottero Designs
In partnership with Maggie Sottero.
Are you on the hunt to find the perfect wedding dress for your big day? One of the most important, and exciting, aspects of planning your wedding is deciding on the perfect wedding dress! More than ever brides are looking for a trusted and established brand, which is where Maggie Sottero Designs comes in. With over 20 years of bridal expertise, the iconic wedding dress designer creates some of the most sought-after gowns in the fashion industry.
Below, we break down everything you need to know about Maggie Sottero Designs and their library of gorgeous wedding dresses.
Everything You Need to Know About Maggie Sottero
Maggie Sottero Designs is a family-owned bridal design house that has dressed millions of beautiful brides around the world. With their distinctive aesthetic and ability to design dreamy dresses that flatter every body shape, brides trust Maggie Sottero Designs for their big day. Take a look at their Real Brides page to see real wedding inspiration from #maggiebrides, #midgleybrides, and #rebeccabrides.
A Brief History Of Maggie Sottero
Maggie Sottero was launched in 1997 by design director Lesley Margaret (“Maggie”) Webster who assumed the alias of “Maggie Sottero” in honor of her great grandmother. Since then, Maggie Sottero has introduced hundreds of new wedding dresses seasonally and has launched two more labels, Sottero and Midgley and Rebecca Ingram. Of the family’s expertise in the industry, Lesley’s daughter and Head Designer, Kelly Midgley, says, “Our philosophy of value and innovation hasn’t changed. From initial concept to final touches, each gown embodies our pursuit of perfection.” Maggie Sottero’s gowns are designed for any and every love story. The design house is committed to impeccable styling and detail – so every wedding dress is unique and romantic.
Which Brands Are Under The Maggie Sottero Umbrella?
Maggie Sottero Designs houses three iconic labels: Maggie Sottero, Rebecca Ingram, and Sottero and Midgley. These distinctive collections offer a variety of gorgeous gowns for brides with different budgets and personal styles. Maggie Sottero is the core brand, known for classic wedding dresses with a perfect fit, unique embellishments, and intricate lace motifs to match every bride’s personal love story. Sottero and Midgley offers couture designs at incredible price points, perfect for fashion-forward and statement-making brides. Rebecca Ingram styles are timeless, elegant, and affordable—dresses designed for the budget-conscious bride.
How Much Do Maggie Sottero Designs’ Wedding Dresses Cost?
Maggie Sottero Designs creates gorgeous wedding dresses for brides at any price point. Maggie Sottero dresses range from $1100 to $2500, Sottero and Midgley dresses range from $1400 to $4000, and Rebecca Ingram dresses range from $800 to $1200.
What Is Their Size Range?
The Maggie Sottero, Sottero and Midgley, and Rebecca Ingram collections offer wedding dresses from a size 0 to 28. In 2018, the design house launched a new collection of Curve gowns that feature additional coverage and support to compliment a woman’s figure, so they feel the best version of themselves.
Where Can You Buy a Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress?
Maggie Sottero Designs’ dresses are available in all 50 states (and 70+ countries) and can be found at some of your favorite retailers and bridal shops. To find the one closest to you, click here.
How Would You Describe The Maggie Sottero Bride?
The Maggie Sottero bride is timeless, glamorous, and romantic. Whatever your personal style may be, Maggie Sottero offers a wide variety of gorgeous wedding gowns to make brides look and feel their absolute best on their wedding day.
What Popular Wedding Dress Trends Does Maggie Sottero Foresee in 2019?
Fashion industry insiders have commented on the decline of the boho trend, but Maggie Sottero says the hippie bridal style is here to stay. The bohemian wedding dress has been spotted in hundreds of real weddings and has inspired the sole focus of entire fashion blogs. Maggie Sottero brings boho wedding dreams to life by designing an array of effortlessly chic styles.
Thanks to Meghan Markle’s royal wedding ensemble, the simple wedding dress has built a strong case for 2019 brides. In lieu of bells and whistles, these styles establish elegance with minimal design elements. A flattering princess seam here, a single Mikado bow there, and always constructed with luxurious fabric.
A few of Maggie Sottero’s favorite simple wedding dresses also feature sleeves, a perfect style element for brides who want extra coverage.
Speaking of princesses, Maggie Sottero hasn’t forgotten about the dresses meant for fairytale weddings. Designers dream up frothy concoctions and turn them into real-life works of art. Maggie Sottero Designs creates full princess wedding dresses adorned with intricate beading and sparkling lace motifs.
What is the Most Popular Maggie Sottero Dress?
Every dress is beautiful in its own unique way, but the Maggie Sottero Tuscany Lynette wedding dress is currently a must for 2019. With a sheath silhouette and plunging sweetheart neckline, any bride will look flawless wearing Tuscany Lynette on her big day.
#MaggieBrides Megan and Brooke wearing Tuscany Lynette by Maggie Sottero
5 Fun Facts About Maggie Sottero Designs
- 1. Maggie Sottero Designs creates shapewear gowns that “sucks-you-in” so you don’t have to worry about purchasing any additional shapewear.
- 2. For brides that want to be comfortable AND glamorous on their wedding day, a variety of Maggie Sottero Designs styles are made with jersey lining. This super-soft fabric hugs the body without feeling tight—brides say it’s like wearing your comfiest pajamas!
3. Maggie Sottero has made concerted efforts to diversify the industry of popular bridalwear. In 2018, they launched a new line of Curve wedding dresses, figure-flattering styles with additional coverage and support. The company joined forces with Ms. Liris Crosse of Project Runway to promote self-love, body acceptance, and the impeccable fit of these new curve-displaying designs.
4. Maggie Sottero Designs was the first wedding dress designer to create the corseted two-piece silhouette wedding dress. They are also known for their iconic red wedding dress, circa 2003. And though the designers have dabbled in this color before, their new black wedding dress, Zander by Sottero and Midgley, is breaking the internet at a high-speed pace. Brides who want to tone down the drama can opt for the ivory version.
View this post on Instagram
We could do this all day 🖤🍾🥂 #blackweddingdress #zander #SotteroandMidgley #BardotCollection #BridetoBe #SleevedWeddingDress #ballgown #WeddingTrends #Repost @whitedressbridalboutique “Milwaukee // The people have spoken… the black dress is an overall winner🙌🏼 But don’t worry, we…”
- 5. To help brides personalize their wedding day look, Maggie Sottero Designs offers ready-to-wear accessories such as detachable trains, overskirts, capelets, and veils. The fashion house also offers extra lace and beading packages for purchase, making it easy for a bride and her Authorized Retailer to tailor-make long sleeves and jackets, customize hem lengths, or modify necklines and back features.