Everything You Need to Know About Cartier Engagement Rings
Dreaming about Cartier engagement rings? (So are we, all the time!) 💍 And if you’re on the hunt of finding the dream ring for your bride-to-be or for yourself, we’re here to help. As part of Loverly’s Bling Book, we’ll be guiding you through everything you need to know about this iconic jewelry designer, Cartier.
Everything You Need to Know About Cartier
The French jewelry brand was founded by Louis-François Cartier in 1847 and the Maison produces pieces that are not only timeless in design but also in high demand. Cartier is a world-renowned jeweler and holds warrants from a number of royal houses around the world, with King Edward VII of England referring to Cartier as the ‘jeweler of kings and the king of jewelers’. Therefore, it is no surprise that women around the globe swoon over the legendary brand’s varied jewelry collections and it’s unquestionable that a Cartier engagement ring is something every woman fantasizes about.
Brief History of Cartier
Though the brand is over 150 years old, Cartier is best known for their Love bracelets, which were designed in 1969 and represents one’s commitment to a relationship (the bracelet is locked into place with a special screwdriver). The Love collection is one facet of the brand’s romantic legacy and while it is highly sought after, discerning bride-to-be’s know the Maison produces engagement rings that are coveted for their exquisite elegance. The brand has produced engagement rings that have been worn by royalty, such as Princess Grace Kelly of Monaco, to modern-day tastemakers, like designer and atress, Mary-Kate Olsen.
How Much Do Cartier Engagement Rings Cost?
The rings start at $3,000 and can climb from there, especially if you’re looking at a ring similar to the one worn by Princess Grace Kelly of Monaco, which was a 10.5-carat emerald-cut diamond accompanied by two baguettes.
Where Are Cartier’s Diamonds Sourced From?
Cartier is dedicated to sourcing conflict-free diamonds from around the world, as part of their Corporate Responsibility policy.
What Are Cartier’s Most Popular Ring Styles?
The Solitaire 1895 has been a classic engagement ring collection, since 1895. Maximalists and those who want to stand out gravitate naturally towards the Trinity Ruban collection.
Where Can You Purchase Cartier Engagement Rings?
Cartier engagement rings should be purchased from Cartier stores directly, and you can use their website to locate a boutique.
5 Fun Facts You Need to Know About Cartier
1. Cartier pieces have been amassed by legendary collectors as Barbara Hutton and the Duchess of Windsor.
2. Cartier pieces can be found in royal jewelry vaults around the world. Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, famously borrowed and wore the Cartier Halo Tiara when she married Prince William in 2011.
3. In addition to jewelry, the brand produces watches. Their Tank range of watches has been worn by some of the most recognizable people in the world, including Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis and Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex.
4. The brand draws inspiration from the world over. One of Cartier’s premier collections is Tutti Frutti, which combines emeralds, rubies, and sapphires in gorgeous Indian inspired designs.
5. The Cartier Mansion, on the corner of 52nd Street and Fifth Avenue in New York City, came to be owned by the brand in exchange for a double strand of enormous, natural South Sea pearls. Check out the story here.