Now that we've shared the wedding details you loved in 2013, we wanted to bring you some of our favorites! We saw a lot of gorgeous weddings this year, and while the most popular wedding styles, colors, and accessories weren't all new (and we expect to see more of them in 2014!) there were a few that really caught on in 2013. Here are the ones we loved most!
1. Art Deco. Thanks to The Great Gatsby's spring release, Deco details were everywhere in 2013.
2. Wedding gowns with elegant and dramatic backs. This daring and romantic look was huge in 2013, and designers are already taking things to the next level for 2014.
3. Neutral bridesmaids dresses. Bridesmaids dresses in shades of blush, ivory, and beige (or a combination of these hues) made bridal parties look romantic and ethereal this year.
4. Floral crowns. Hello, halos! This whimsical look was part of a trend we expect to see a lot more of in 2014: 1970s-inspired vintage weddings.
5. Mint green. Emerald may have been the 2013 color of the year, but a lighter shade of green was popular for 2013 weddings.
6. Wedding dresses with long sleeves. Thanks to Kate Middleton, brides everywhere were more covered up in 2013.
7. Gold everything.
8. Playful and colorful decor. In 2013, there was a return to the simpler ways to celebrate: colorful confetti, glitter, pennants, balloons, and paper decorations.
9. Woodland creatures. Woodsy rustic weddings have been popular for a few years now, but 2013 saw the introduction of several whimsical forest animals into the decor. The most popular? Deer.
10. Marriage equality. OK...this wasn't exactly a trend, but we were still thrilled to see more states allowing gay couples to marry and more and more same-sex couples heading down the aisle.
So basically...to the couple who had a blush, mint, and gold Gatsby-style wedding with one bride in a backless dress and the other bride in sleeves: well done!
We can't wait to see what's in store for 2014!