We all grew up watching movies about weddings...but we didn't always realize that most movies tell completely unrealistic stories about weddings. From crazy proposals to celebrity appearances, here are 12 of the worst lies Hollywood told us about weddings.
1. A proposal in Tiffany & Co.—complete with the guy saying "pick one!"—is completely plausible.
2. No one will notice if someone who wasn't invited to the wedding stands up and gives a toast.
3. If the best man rarely talks to you and then surprises you and your new husband with a choir singing "All You Need Is Love" on the big day, it's probably because he's (creepily) in love with you.
4. A house is a perfectly normal gift from the bride's parents to the newlyweds.
5. Falling for your wedding planner is super romantic and not at all morally reprehensible.
6. Your wedding colors are not dark pink and light pink...they are "blush" and "bashful."
7. Right before your wedding is the perfect time to reconnect with the guy you were into in high school.
8. Being a bridesmaid in two weddings in the same day is totally doable.
9. A navy blue suit is a very bad idea.
10. Every damsel in distress can expect to be rescued by a handsome man in tights.
11. Billy Idol will help confess your true feelings to the one you love -- just in the nick of time.
12. Weddings make women murderous.
In fairness, Hollywood may have told us a lot of lies about weddings, but watching wedding movies also taught us one important lesson...
Be careful what you eat before you go dress shopping.