If you're hoping for a stress-free wedding, you'll need a well-stocked emergency kit...and a few hacks up your sleeve! Read on for 10 super-smart wedding hacks every couple needs to know.
1. Attach veil weights to your veil to keep it from blowing around.
2. Use Jetaport to make booking hotel rooms for your guests easier.
If you're trying to find the best group accommodations, we've made it way easier to book hotel rooms for your guests. It's fast and completely free.
3. Get a 2-3 tier cake for display/cutting and then serve guests from a sheet cake that's hidden in the kitchen.
This will allow you to have a beautiful cake without going way over budget.
4. Set up a separate email address to use for all wedding correspondence.
Photo by: Lover.ly
Bonus: you and your spouse can use it for shared bills after you're married.
5. Ask the post office to "hand cancel" your invitations.
This means that instead of running your invites through a machine, they'll use a special ink stamp to mark your invitation and they'll sort it by hand, reducing the risk of the damage.
6. Number the back of all your RSVP cards.
And number your guest list accordingly. If guests don't write their name on the cards (or their writing is illegible), you'll still know whose it is.
7. Have your bra sewn into your dress.
Then you don't have to worry about your strapless bra slipping around all night.
8. If you spill red wine on your dress, dump a pile of table salt on the stain right away.
The salt will help draw out much of the wine, and you can have the remaining stain professionally treated later.
9. If you want to wear stilettos for your outdoor wedding, slip on heel protectors.
They increase the surface of the base of the heel, so you won't sink into the grass.
10. Freeze the top tier of your cake uncovered for about 20 minutes before wrapping it in foil.
This will prevent any icing from sticking to the foil when you wrap it to freeze for your first anniversary.
What's your best wedding hack? Let us know in the comments, Loverlies!