There will be some guests at your wedding who are very special to you but, for whatever reason, don't make it into the bridal party. (Think close cousins, old pals, family friends, aunts, uncles, dear amigos who have moved out of town, etc.) In the past, those people were sometimes asked to act as guest book monitors or gift movers. In our humble opinion, it's nice to honor your beloved friends and family members in a way that doesn't involve physical labor. Read on for a few creative and fun suggestions.
1. Hand-craft a special accessory.
making a corsage, embroidering a handkerchief, or making something else that your special person can wear at your wedding. It will be a little symbol to everyone there of your love and affection for this VIP.
2. Ask them to give a speech, do a reading, or perform.
or even painting, ask if he or she will share it at your wedding.
3. Write them a letter and leave it with their reception place setting.
4. Frame a photo of the two of you and display it at your reception.
5. Give them a special gift.
6. Thank them specifically in your wedding speech. DIY flowers the night before your wedding, or your out-of-town bestie who came through with the perfect borrowed blue shoes.
More from Loverly:
—By Stephanie Hallett