It seems like every time a fun new trend hits weddings, someone is already declaring it "over." The photo booth is one of those trends; it's gone from a fun novelty to a common occurrence at every wedding. Now many couples are worried it's played-out. But before you put away the funny props and fake mustaches, here are five reasons it's still worth it to have a photo booth.
1. It's a good source of entertainment. Having a few activities besides dancing at your reception is a good way to make sure all your guests have fun. Sometimes people just want a break from busting a move, and the photo booth provides a nice escape. It's also a good place for people to gather and socialize.
2. It creates a wedding keepsake -- for you and your guests. A lot of guests will appreciate having a photo of themselves with their friends, their kids, or their date. But even if they don't care about that, you will love having fun pictures of your wedding guests. If you think of it like a modern guest book, it seems silly to skip it just because it's been done before.
3. Your guests don't spend hours looking at online inspiration. While your also-engaged maid of honor might think photo booths have become a wedding cliche, that's probably because she's got wedding planning (and attending!) fatigue. But your older relatives and guests who don't attend many weddings will likely still find the photo booth totally delightful and fun.
4. Just because a wedding trend is popular doesn't mean it has to be abandoned. If think your photo booth is going to be the coolest thing ever that none of your guests have ever seen before, you may need a reality check. But if it's just a new wedding tradition that you happen to like, who cares if it's been done before? Some elements of your wedding will be personalized and unique, but many others will be part of bigger traditions that started out as hip trends before becoming ubiquitous.
5. Every photo booth is different. The vibe at every wedding is so different, thanks to everything from the time of day and the venue to how strong the bartender is mixing drinks. That means every photo booth will be different too. Even if people are over taking pictures with their dates, they might love a chance to take silly pics with old friends or relatives whom they haven't seen in a while. Also, it's 2013...we're pretty sure no one is over taking pictures of themselves.